Young Ocean Optimist of the Year Award
If you or someone you know has done something amazing for our ocean, nominate them for our Young Ocean Optimist of the Year Award.
Launched in 2020, the Young Ocean Optimist of the Year Award is a celebration of young people who've done incredible things to protect, recover, and share appreciation of our ocean.
Nominations have now closed for this year's award, but come back to this page soon for information about our winners!
Who is it for?
Anyone nominated must be under 18, and the award will be divided into two categories: under 12s, and 13-18 year olds. Nominees should be individuals rather than groups or schools, and the reason for nomination should relate to the last 12 months.
How do I nominate?
Nominations have now closed. Use the nomination form at the bottom of this page to nominate yourself or someone you know. If you have any problems with the form, please get in touch with the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are we looking for?
- Is the achievement or project marine-focused?
- Did the achievement or project take place in the last year?
- What's the scale of the impact the nominee has made?
- Are they engaging others to take action for marine conservation? Are they involved in multiple projects?
- How much time has been dedicated?
- Are there future plans for the achievement or project?
- Is this their own initiative? Is it innovative?
- Has the nominee engaged with any of our campaigns or projects?
What happens next?
Our two winners will be chosen by our judging panel of Marine Conservation Society staff, partners and supporters.
All nominees will then receive a certificate, and our winners will receive a glass trophy. This year, the winners will also receive a £25 FatFace voucher and hoodie of their choice from our shop.
Got someone in mind?
Nominations will open again next year, but come back to this page to find out about this year's winners!